Hand pain is something more than just irritating and annoying. Hand pain may happen due to excessive use of wrist and hand or a result of recent injuries. Persistent and continuous pain may be the sign of something more serious. So, you will have to find out some solution to get rid of the hand pain. You can go to the nearest clinic or centre where you will get some hand pain relief in Longview TX. But for that, you need to find out the best clinic near you or appoint the best doctor and practitioner.
Some nonsurgical solutions can help you to do your daily activities without any worries. Here are some exercises and stretches that you should know and practice:
- Make a fist: You can do this exercise and hand movement anywhere and anytime. You can do this when you feel that your hand is stiff and you cannot move your hands properly. You will have to hold one hand out with all fingers straight. After that, you need to slowly bend your hand into a fist. You will have to place your thumb outside your fist. But you should not squeeze your hand. You need to be gentle. After some minutes, you can open your hand and keep your fingers straight once again.
- Table bend: You will have to place the edge of your hand on the table but put your thumb should point up. You will have to hold your thumb in the same position and bend the rest of your four fingers to an inward position and make an ‘L’ shape. You will have to hold this position for few minutes, after that, you can straight your fingers and hand.
- Stretch your wrist: Wrist stretching is very much necessary to keep your hands pain-free. You can get relief from soreness and stiffness by practising wrist stretching. You will have to hold your right or left arm out with facing your palm down. With your other hand, you will have to softly press down your right hand until you feel a stretch in your arm and wrist. You will have to hold this position for 10 seconds or so. You can repeat this exercise as well. This is a wrist stretching exercise that you can follow to get relief from hand pain.
Like these, there are so many exercises that you should follow to get rid of hand pain. But for this, you need to go to a professional practitioner. They will guide you throughout the process and help you to do the exercise without any trouble. You should practise these exercises daily for your benefits. After some time, you can feel the change and you can move your hands without any obstruction. You can do your regular jobs without any difficulties. So, if you notice any kinds of stiffness and pain in your hand then, you should immediately contact your nearest medical practitioner. They will surely help you by giving medicines and teaching these kinds of exercises.
Woods Chiropractic Center
Address: 111 Community Blvd Longview, TX
The Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or CTS can range from being mild to severe. It can be treater by appropriate treatment to restore the function in the hand and wrist to relieve the symptoms. In this article, we are going to discuss some carpal tunnel therapy methods to help you with your pain.
What is the Carpal tunnel?
The carpal tunnel is actually a very narrow passageway which runs from your wrist to the hand on the palm side of the wrist. It’s structure consists of ligaments, bones and tendons. The Median nerve passes through this tunnel.
Carpal tunnel syndrome causes numbness, tingling, dull aching in the arm or hand and thumb weakness. This happens when the median nerve is compressed or pinched. In Us, it affects 4 to 10 million people each year and a severe case of CTS might require surgery too.
Lifestyle changes to battle Carpal tunnel syndrome
The given measures are some lifestyle changes which will help you control and decrease the symptoms of the carpal tunnel at home
- You should not do repetitive hand movements wherever possible
- Stopping hand movements whenever you feel discomfort or pain on your hands or wrists.
- If you have to do repetitive hand activities, then take frequent breaks from it
- Always try to keep the wrist in a neutral position without extending it too far up or flexing it too far down.
- While lifting heavy objects, use your shoulders more than the wrist.
- Do not hold objects in the same way for long periods
- Avoid vibrating tools like a jackhammer
- During simple actions like writing, relax your grip often and do not sleep on your hand or in a way which keeps your hand folded or bent.
- Research has shown that mild but regular exercises may help to protect against mild CTS
These are some lifestyle changes which are considered as carpal tunnel therapy and the following are some home remedies which will help your CTS
- Try to rest your hand and wrist for a time period of 2 weeks
- Use Anti-vibration products with vibrating tools
- Always wear a wrist splint or rest the median nerve frequently
- Do gentle but regular finger, hand and wrist stretching exercises.
- Massage your hand, wrists and your palm too
- Wear work gloves to protect your wrists and hand
- Apply heat to the wrist area to reduce pain
- Apply an ice pack to reduce the swelling
- Keep the utensils with extra material for a comfortable grip.
- Medication such as ibuprofen or naproxen can help with the pain. They are over the counter or OTC pain medication.
- You should take medication when it is the last resort as the side effects include gut problems and bleeding.
The above lifestyle changes and home remedies can help you control your CTS and apart from these, there is evidence of Yoga Stretching and strengthening exercises can reduce the pain. Ultrasound can also be an option to reduce the pain in your hands but it is mostly used for severe cases. Hence if you have CTS, you can still recover from it and there are many medications and ways to help you do so without surgery.